Explore beautiful gardens and see wonderful wildlife on the Isles of Scilly
Life passes by at a peaceful pace on the tranquil Isles of Scilly, an archipelago famous for their amazing scenery, lush subtropical gardens and super-soft sandy beaches. On this five-day trip, you'll learn why so many travellers consider the Isles of Scilly to be the UK's most idyllic spot.
You'll visit various unforgettable locations on this tour, including Tresco Abbey Garden, a botanical garden often described as "Kew without the glass", and the inviting harbours of St Martin's.
There's a huge range of wildlife to be spotted on these shores, with many species that can't be seen anywhere else in the UK. Julian Branscombe, head of the Isles of Scilly Wildlife Trust, will give a talk to explain the trust's work and share more about the Isles' native wildlife, which includes dolphins, porpoises, seals and many species of birds.
You'll stay at the comfortable Tregarthen's Hotel on St Mary's, a stone's throw from the quay.
"I wanted to say how much we enjoyed our holiday in the Scillies. It was all planned so well. The hotel was excellent along with the food everywhere we went. Thank you all."
- October 2022 Guest
Please be advised that you will need to pre-book and pre-select most of your meals before your departure due to group size.
Please note this is a busy and full itinerary, so a good degree of mobility is required to get the most out of this trip, which involves lots of walking and getting in and out of boats.
Reasons to book
Hear from Julian Branscombe
Four nights' accommodation at Tregarthern's Hotel St Mary's with three dinners and breakfast daily included
- Discover several of the stunning Isles of Scilly, with their turquoise waters and white beaches
- Go on a marine wildlife cruise to spot some of the Isles' unique birds and sea life
- Dine on the freshest local seafood, caught right on your doorstep
- Visit the lovely St Martin's Vineyard, a unique coastal vineyard and winery
- Take a guided tour of Tresco Abbey Gardens, a renowned sub-tropical garden home to thousands of plants
- Hear a talk by Julian Branscombe, Chief Executive of the Isles of Scilly Wildlife Trust
- Enjoy two lunches - at a local pub in St Agnes and on St Martins
- Please note - the itinerary schedule and meal inclusions may vary according to departure
Also included: Boat transfers within the islands, return ferry from Penzance to St Mary's, all entrance fees, guided walking tour of St Agnes and services of a tour manager throughout
Day1St Mary'sSt Mary's, Isles of Scilly, United Kingdom
Today you'll arrive at Penzance and meet your tour group at the departure terminal for the Scillonian ferry. Here you'll meet your expert tour manager who will greet you and assist you with check-in.
Once you arrive on St Mary's you'll make your way to Tregarthen's Hotel and begin to explore your surroundings. In the evening you'll have dinner in the hotel restaurant.
Day2TrescoAbbey Gardens, Trusco, United Kingdom
After breakfast you'll meet your tour manager and your guide for the day. You'll make your way to the jetty and take the boat transfer to Tresco where you'll visit the world famous Tresco Abbey Garden, home to a collection of some 20,000 plants from 80 countries.
The garden was established in the 19th century around the ruins of an old Benedictine Abbey and is now home to a fantastic variety of plants from all over the world, including Brazil, New Zealand and South Africa. The garden changes throughout the year as different species thrive. In spring, flowers bloom here weeks before they do on the mainland thanks to the Tresco's special sub-tropical climate. You'll have time for lunch (not included) in Tresco before heading back to St Mary's.
Day3St AgnesSt Agnes (Scilly Isles), United Kingdom
This morning, following another hearty breakfast, you'll make your way to the jetty and hop on the ferry transfer to St Agnes, where you'll take a guided walk around the island's coastline.
There's plenty to see along St Agnes' coast, from rocky outcrops on its exposed west side to paradise beaches in its sheltered coves. There's a sandbar that links St Agnes with the tiny neighboring island of Gugh, where you'll find white sand and crystal-clear water.
You'll tuck into lunch at a local pub before taking a fascinating marine wildlife cruise, where you have a chance to spot some of the special animals and birds who call the Scillies home.
Day4St Martin'sSt Martin's, Scilly Isles, United Kingdom
Today you'll be exploring the lovely isle of St Martin's where you'll discover the island's ruggedly beautiful shoreline. Little St Martin's is just two miles long, but boasts some of the finest beaches in the British Isles.
Lunch at a local spot is included, and afterwards you'll pay a visit to St Martin's Vineyard, a unique coastal vineyard and winery which is working towards organic production of white, red and rose wines.
Day5DepartureSt Mary's, Isles of Scilly, United Kingdom
After your final breakfast your hotel you'll enjoy some free time on St Mary's before taking the Scillonian ferry back to Penzance.
Brought to you by
* From price is per person, based on two people sharing a double room, subject to availability. Price and itinerary correct at time of print but may be subject to change. Single supplement £200. Deposit 20%. Local charges such as tourist tax may apply. In the case of unforeseen circumstances, expert(s) may be substituted, and any expert-led events may be subject to change. Not suitable for those with mobility issues. Expert(s) will not join you for your full trip duration unless otherwise stated. Travel insurance is not included and should be taken out at time of booking. Images used may not reflect your actual tour experience. This holiday may be sold through other selected brands. Tour is operated by and subject to the booking conditions of TS Travel Limited (ATOL Limted).