She has had a distinguished career on screen, known for playing Patsy Stone in the sitcom Absolutely Fabulous. Her latest book, A Queen For All Seasons, was published as a tribute to the late Queen Elizabeth II.
Enjoy a luxury day trip to a vineyard aboard the British Pullman, A Belmond Train
What we love: A journey in the vintage carriages of the British Pullman is a treat in itself. But you'll also meet a true national treasure, Joanna Lumley, in a beautiful vineyard in Kent.
What finer way to spend a summer's day in June than aboard the gleaming carriages of the British Pullman as it journeys into Kent's wine country? And to make this trip even more special, you'll have the chance to meet Dame Joanna Lumley at Balfour Winery.
You'll feel a sense of anticipation when you arrive at the British Pullman's platform at London Victoria with guests dressed for a sophisticated day in the Kent countryside and a renowned vineyard.
You'll be shown to a plush armchair in splendid art deco surroundings in one of the train's restored 1920s carriages - perhaps Audrey, Vera, or Minerva, each with intricate marquetry and heritage upholstery. As the British Pullman eases away from London, a splendid three-course brunch is served at your seat, together with a delightfully chilled Bellini.
Watch the scenery outside as the landscape becomes more verdant, eventually becoming the chalky downlands that are so sought-after by winemakers for bountiful vineyards.
On arrival in Kent, you'll disembark and be taken to Hush Heath Estate, home of Balfour Winery. You'll be welcomed with a glass of their delectable fizz, created in the same way as fine French Champagnes. A guided tour gives a fascinating insight into grape-to-glass winemaking here, and you'll sample their award-winning still and sparkling wines with a tutored tasting.
As you sit in the estate's pretty surroundings with views across the vines, Dame Joanna Lumley will talk about her life and career, and answer questions from guests. You will hear her in conversation with Editor-in-Chief of Good Housekeeping Gaby Huddart, and take part in a Q&A session.
On the journey back to London, settle down with a gastronomic four-course dinner, complete with the sommelier's choice of wine. Sip, savour, and enjoy the splendid surroundings of the views and the train. All too soon you'll arrive back in London Victoria, a wonderful day to the Kent countryside complete.
Board the exquisite British Pullman
Indulge in decadent cuisine
Visit an award-winning vineyard
Meet Dame Joanna Lumley
Sample excellent wines
A sophisticated summer’s day
Your expert guide
- Round-trip travel aboard the British Pullman luxury train from London Victoria
- Welcome sparkling Bellini
- Delicious three-course brunch on the outward journey
- Morning tea and coffee
- Sumptuous four-course dinner of a British seasonal table d'hôte menu
- Champagne reception, half a bottle of wine per person, plus coffee, tea and petits fours
- Talk hosted by Joanna Lumley
- Conversation and Q&A with Joanna Lumley and Editor-in-Chief of Good Housekeeping Gaby Huddart
- Welcome glass of fizz on arrival at Balfour Winery
- Tutored wine tasting and guided vineyard tour at Balfour Winery
Day1Journey from London to Kent, and returnTonbridge, United Kingdom
British Pullman, A Belmond Train
There is no finer way to travel than on the luxurious Belmond train.
Honouring George Mortimer Pullman, the father of luxury trains, the splendidly refurbished British Pullman epitomises a glamorous era of travel. Each carriage is individually named and has a fascinating story. Some were favoured by the British Royal Family, and two were part of Winston Churchill's funeral train. Others, like Audrey and Vera, survived bomb damage during air raids over London's Victoria Station in 1940. Today, the opulent carriages are set out in tables, ready to welcome guests as they dine on their journeys through the British countryside.
Brought to you by
For general information, click here.
To view TS Tours’ supplier’s terms and conditions click here.
* From price is per person, based on four sharing a four seat table, subject to availability. To book a table for two there is a surcharge of £20pp, subject to availability, please call to enquire. Price and itinerary correct at time of print but may be subject to change. Full payment required at time of booking. **The vineyards may be wet underfoot, please wear/bring suitable footwear. Travel insurance should be taken out at time of booking. The train is not wheelchair accessible. Images used may not reflect your actual tour experience. This holiday may be sold through other selected brands. Tour is operated by and subject to the booking conditions of TS Travel Ltd.